Uber launches on-demand vacation store
Uber wants consumers to think of its platform first when they want fresh-cut Halloween pumpkins or Christmas trees delivered super-fast.
The company launched a vacation shop on the Uber Eats platform through a partnership with the vacation division of Proper Companies (which includes Mr. Jack O ‘Lanterns Pumpkin Patch and Mr. Jingles Christmas Trees).
Starting October 1, the Holiday Shop will allow shoppers in Los Angeles, San Diego and West Palm Beach to order a variety of Halloween-themed items directly from the Uber Eats app. After Halloween, the store will switch to the upcoming holidays and will continue to operate seasonally while expanding to other markets.
“Our goal is to make Uber a destination that customers can count on to get everything they need when they need it, so creating a holiday store that has party supplies for all types of celebrations was a no-brainer, ”said Raj Beri, global manager for Uber. responsible for grocery and new verticals. “We are extremely proud to leverage our technological and logistical expertise to support a small family business and enable it to deliver high quality seasonal items directly to its customers without losing that personal local touch. “
Menu items include:
- Pumpkin Decorating Kit (softball pumpkin, washable paint, brush, glue with applicator, glitter, pom poms, Halloween stickers, jewelry and googly eyes) – $ 12
- Mr. Jack O’s Pumpkin Carving Kit Package (medium pumpkin, carving kit, choice of flameless or real tealight candle) – 25 $
- Carving Pumpkin – $ 13
- Cinderella Pumpkin (decorative pumpkins in a variety of pastel and fall colors, great for the kitchen) – $ 15
- Carving kit (carving tools) – $ 10
- Pumpkins ranging in size from $ 5 to $ 15
There will be no delivery charge for orders over $ 15 for Uber Pass and Eats Pass holders.
“Over the past few years, we have seen our customers become more interested in delivering our products rather than our physical locations,” said Brandon Helfer, owner and operator of Jack O ‘Lanterns Pumpkin Patch. “With this partnership, we will be able to meet more delivery requests and immerse our customers in the holiday spirit without having to leave their homes or offices. Our exclusive relationships with producers and farmers across the country , along with this new partnership with Uber, will allow us to welcome more customers and deliver more of what makes vacations special. “
According to the National Retail Federation’s annual survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics, Halloween is expected to hit a record high of $ 10.14 billion, up from $ 8.05 billion in 2020.
- 82% of people – and 93% of young parents – plan to celebrate Halloween this year.
- 80% of Americans plan to do a trick-or-treat in 2021.
- 82% of people are confident that they will find safe and creative ways to celebrate the Halloween season.
- 79% of Americans say they plan to fill a bowl with Halloween candy this season.
Meanwhile, the latest Axios / Ipsos poll on public trust and consumer attitudes / behaviors in the COVID-19 environment shows that “68% of parents surveyed said they saw little or no risk in making candy or spells this year, compared to 51% when we asked this question last October. And six in 10 adults see little or no risk from gambling or candy-making in their community, a 15-point jump from last October. “